Air pollution is not only becoming a growing concern around the Globe but also causing a major health distress in our country. India is the third largest in green house emission after China and United States. The severity of air pollution is so much that the life expectancy among Indians on an average reduces by 3.4 years while in cities like Delhi it reduces by almost 6.3 years. It has been found that, around the world, more deaths occur due to poor air quality than water. According to the 2016 EPI, more than 3.5 billion people – half of the world’s population – are exposed to unsafe air quality which also includes 75% of India’s population.
Being exposed to such unsafe air for long can lead low birth-weight, tuberculosis, ischemic heart disease, cataracts, asthma and nasopharyngeal and even laryngeal cancers. Research suggests that air quality also affects cognitive development. It can be further linked to diseases and infections that kills around 600,000 children under five years of age per year.
There is no easy way ahead of tackling this pullulating issue, however, employing precautionary measures can help us in protecting ourselves and our family.
Few of such measures to fight against air pollution-
- Refrain from morning walks: : Exercising is essential but not when we are breathing toxic air. People who walk, run/jog or engage in any outdoor activity should refrain from doing so until the smog settles. Shift these activities to evening hours
- Prefer using face mask air filter when outside: Breathing masks is also a good way to protect yourself from particulate pollution, gases, as well as bacteria and viruses. Variety of such masks are already available in market, few of the preferred one could be N95/99 masks
- Air purifying plants: Air purifying plants such as Aloe Vera, Ivy and Spider Plant can be placed in the home and offices to minimize in-house pollution
- Ventilate your kitchen, bathroom: Air ventilation is also a good measure to reduce in-house air pollution. Ensure there is a chimney in the kitchen and an exhaust in the bathroom for air recirculation
- Use air-purifiers Use air purifiers can also help in improving in-house air quality, especially in kids, elderly and pregnant women room as they are most prone to the ill effects of this toxic air.
- Take steam daily: Taking steam with a few drops of eucalyptus oil help in relaxing your air-passages and removing the harmful particulate substances.
- Improved food habits: Consuming foods rich in Vitamin C, Magnesium and foods rich in Omega Fatty Acids will help us improving our immunity thereby reducing the ill effects of pollution. Also regular consumption of jiggery also helps in flush out pollutants from your lungs.
If you need any vitamin C capsules or Air Purifier then Order it now from BrownPacket.